Babyville: Population 3
a little update from our adventures after the baby bump...

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santas

We did a little Santa tour today.  I wasn't planning to get Zoe's picture with Santa, but at the Dekalb Market I saw that there was a free "Santa-Box" where you could take your own- I had my camera, so it was perfect.  Santa was a young guy, of unable to be determined ethnicity, who spoke to the three-year-olds ahead of me in casual hipster slang  ("Come on in, little dude....").   Zoe was a fan- she sat on his lap with no problem.


Santa number two was down the street at Awedacity, a boutique near my house.  Here we were buying sale earrings while waiting for Santa to "arrive down the chimney" aka dressing room.  Everyone in the shop was directing all santa narration at Zoe, as if she were following it all.  An Eastern European photographer arrived right before Santa showed his face-- he was thrilled about "black santa" and said he had searched Manhattan, unable to find another black santa anywhere.  He took loads of pictures of Zoe waiting (while she was calm)-- I should have gotten his name.  Her calm shattered on Santa's lap-- their photographer was doing free prints, and he snapped one right before I did so we have a stone faced print, with these more emotional versions.


One of the reasons I love that we are raising Zoe in Brooklyn is that diversity will be such a normal part of her world...starting with her first Santa(s).

2 comments:

  1. aw, what a sweet little dude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Santa photos! I kind of want a crying one of her for my fridge!

    ReplyDelete