Babyville: Population 3
a little update from our adventures after the baby bump...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

She Giggles and Grabs



I know that in the future she will hopefully create science fair projects, or score a winning goal, or write a fantastic poem-- but is anything even half as cool as the first giggle?

I caught this on video and Aaron and I watched it that night and laughed like it was a comedian. Love it! Zoe is lying on a pile of clean laundry while I sort it, just as an fyi-- I promise that's not how we keep our clothes!
Zoe is just past eleven weeks, and I saw her first giggle the other day. She repeated it a half dozen times throughout the day and every time was just as adorable, from my point of view. She is still on her own clock, as she's made no sign of laughing today...but I'll give her time. She has started to grab on to toys, or bat at things that are above her head. She has made no moves towards rolling and still screams bloody murder when she's placed on her stomach, so we'll see how that goes. Aaron and I are both afraid she may end up with my athletic skills rather than his--(meaning working really hard to be solidly mediocre at every sport, rather than awesome at anything you randomly try) so cross your fingers for her!
My maternity leave is tick-tocking towards the end now. I consider myself lucky to have a job I love, and I am thrilled that Aaronwill be home with Zoe. However, I will miss this time terribly- it has been amazing to have the chance to be so immersed in her start to life. I'm totally cheesily more caught up in it than I ever expected- I think if everyone had a Zoe, the world would be a truly awesome place!

We've had such fun times lately-- Aaron finish up his MFA, and is getting ready to be a "Stay at home artist/dad". We got to have some overlap time at home with her, which will be a treat to remember when I'm working Monday through Friday and he's working Saturdays! I'm going to try to keep up this blog as a little record of her baby days (so that if we have a 2nd kid he/she can say to me, "Mom, why didn't you do this for me?")!! My mom asked me if this would be lasting as something we can show to Zoe in the future- does anyone know the answer to that? Do blogs have a shelf life?


Meanwhile, I will be enjoying every last minute of my time home with Zoe--I'm off to try to make her giggle!

8 comments:

  1. Adorable video :) Im glad you can enjoy every minute of the cheeziness that comes with having your own baby ;) Good Luck going back to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh-my-goodness! DELICIOUSNESS! I feel so lucky to come and see her again so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These new pics are soo cute! She has the greatest facial expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this girl so much. The girls in my office got to watch her little laundry video too...sooo cute! and i agree with Karen, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love her to pieces. I am so excited to share mommy hood with you Carey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy these blogs, Carey. It helps me to feel in touch with you all. The photos are wonderful, and the video was so much fun. I hope I can get her to giggle for me when I come out there! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you two...she seems like such a joy. Happy for her as well to have such awesome parents! Can't wait to meet her someday soon...i hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how did i miss commenting on this? :) happy first june, zoe!

    ReplyDelete